Sunday, February 28, 2010


HAPPINESS IS IN THE SIMPLE THINGS

Is happiness an illusion
when there is no one to share it?

Once a hint of harmony is plumbed from deep within,
I can tempt myself to mirror hope
and, perchance, discover life is worth living.

My demons still and my heart quiets
If...
Spring daffodils nod me their sunny greeting
Or warm summer sun kisses my bare arms
Or a rainbow paints its twin on my uplifted face
Or skies full of stars wink devilishly in an inky night.
When...
Wee baby fingers grasp my hand and grip my heart
While sturdy toddlers hopscotch on a grey sidewalk.
When...
A snowy meadow flings glazing beauty to infinity
As windswept seas pound a riotous tattoo in my ear.
If...
A noble hawk soars into the blue yonder
Or a ladybug flashes her coat of red and black
While a butterfly flutters by.
After...
A friend calls to say "thinking 'boutcha."
Friends call to say "let's go have some fun."
Anyone calls to say "I love you."

So, while worries abound
and death tears a ragged hole in the heart
Life is meant to be lived with conviction.
Happiness begets happiness.

By: Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment