Friday, April 9, 2010

WATER

Water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink
There's a lot more to water than most people think.

Imagine a world devoid of our precious H20
All the wonderous flowers would sadly cease to grow.

Holy water no longer would anoint a newborn baby's head
Quite possibly pink champagne could be substituted instead.

Oh, how I would miss my morning shower as I begin each day
And my cup of hot coffee, too, would be missed along my way.

Forest fires and house fires would be a constant fear
People the world over would sense a disaster near.

Can you imagine the difficulties facing every culinary group
Having no water to add to their minestrone soup?

And what would Michael Phelps do for his Olympic event
Could he win a medal by running in the 500-yard spring?

So, there really is a lot of water and I think we should all
take care
Or we'll not have any water and the earth will forever be
bare.

by: Lu-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment